Monday 22 March 2010

It was a strange weekend...

Mr Lurgy payed us a visit.That is he payed my son and myself a visit!Hubby was working away.Mr Lurgy arrived on Thursday evening, before that he had visited dottieangel.blogspot.com/ but he obviously felt like a change and crossed the pond!

Now I'm not often ill and neither is my son but I can't face any food other than toast at the mo! Yep we've both totally lost our appetites!It's not a bad thing in my case, as I could do with losing a few pounds. In fact a stone would be nice!! But my son is the opposite. As my grandad used to say, "I've seen more fat on a sparrows kneecap" He'll need feeding up a bit now.
Anyway hope we get back to normal soon. I haven't got time to be ill

Although I was feeling peaky it didn't stop me going to my first boot of the year.
I found these


A pretty IKEA quilt and pillowcases which I have been making into these

bunting flags
Do you like my little Cherub? He was from the boot last year, just 20p!

I found some other lovely things too which I'll show you tomorrow!

Hope Mr Lurgy doesn't come knocking at your door!

See you soon

Rachel x

10 comments:

Michela said...

Sorry to hear you both have been unwell, hope you're on the mend now xxx

Jacquie said...

Glad you managed to distract yourself with some lovely finds !!
The buntinig is so pretty :0)

Thedarkerside73 said...

Ugh dont you just hate Lurgys!

We had a visit from Mr. Sickness bug last week. So you have my sympathy regarding and feelings of general lurgy related Ugh-ness!

Pretty bunting and pillowcases.

Hope you are feeling better soon.


MBBx

bellaboo said...

Love your finds! You get better soon now.

Bellaboo :o)

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Hope you are feeling a bit brighter soon.

Cute cherub.

bellaboo said...

Sorry...meant to add..the china is 'New Hall' by Hanley.I picked some up in a CS a while ago,and then my sister found some more pieces on ebay for me,but I havn't come across any recently.

Bellaboo :o)

harmony and rosie said...

Love the pillowcase in particular. The Ikea fabric makes very pretty bunting.

Hope you're better soon.

Kate x

Jen Walshaw said...

Urg hope the lurgy goes soon. I have been floored with my first ever bout of flu, first day out in nearly 2 weeks today

vintage flair1 said...

Sorry to hear you are both feeling unwell,hope you both feel better in the morning.
Love the bunting!
Take care
Bridie x

...Nina Nixon... said...

I think it's crossed the country now - most of us are fine, but the smallest one, so far!

Hope you feel better soon? A nasty bug, but great for the pounds!

take care,

Nina xxxxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails