Sunday 28 March 2010

Finally up!

I painted my little shelf unit a few weeks ago but haven't put it up until today.



Here's a before picture
I bought it at the boot last year for £2! The Hubster was going to put it up last week ,but had to go and work in Norfolk. He was only supposed to be gone for 3 days, but was actually gone for 8!!



Anyway now I'm so pleased he's home . He doesn't mind that there are a few jobs to do! He's in a good mood because he's got the Grand Prix to watch!
I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I sanded and primed it. The I painted it with 2 coats of emulsion and then I waxed it.

I'm off to paint my mirror now. It's cream with a touch of gold and I'm going to paint it white.

Have a lovely day!

Rachel x

13 comments:

A Thrifty Mrs said...

It's looking good to me. Great job.

Tina said...

It looks wonderful! Very pretty!!
Well done. :)
xx

bellaboo said...

It looked very nice before...but now it looks GREAT!Good job done. We were watching the Grand Prix this morning.Well Mr Boo was...I was doing a few more of my grannies...can't stop now I've learnt how to crochet!!

Bellaboo :0)

charl said...

wow thats looks stunning.. you've done a great job .. its very pretty
well done!

BadPenny said...

ooh that is dvine !

Jacquie said...

Wow ,looks amaZing against your lavender wall ,lovely job :0)

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Ohh it's lovely. I never find things like that at car boots.
Lucky you.
Luv Sophie xxx

...Nina Nixon... said...

What a fabulous bargain and it looks gorgeous painted.

Have a fabulous week,

Nina x

do you mind if i knit said...

What a difference a couple of coats of paint have made! It looks transformed and spectacular, really gorgeous piece, and can't believe what a bargain it was. Love Vanessa xxx

Dawn said...

It looks pretty, if a little empty, but I bet that won't last long!

LissyLou said...

isn't it so wonderful when you finally get a little job done!!??

it looks great, very pretty.

It takes us ages in our house to do jobs like that, i finally got a picture up in our bedroom that has been waiting a year on saturday!! But when it happens i think i love the item even more!!

koralee said...

I so adore all the sweetness...Happy New Week my friend. xoxo

Pea Green Kitty said...

Hi, Just found you via A Thrifty Miss!
I have to say the shelf is the most fabulous bargain ever, looks lovely now its had a makeover.
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails