Saturday 24 July 2010

It's been waaaay too long!!

so long in fact, you've probably forgotton me! So what's kept me away? Believe me I have meant to write a post so many times, but there don't seem to be enough hours in the day!! Especially now I have this little chap in my life!!

This is Wilson, isn't he a cutie!


We've had him for four weeks and he's 12 weeks old.He's a Bichon Frise and I love him to bits, in fact we all do, which is a bit of a surprise as the Hubster did not want a dog! In fact it took me a year to persuade him that we REALLY needed one!But guess who loves him to bits now we've got him? In fact Wilson gets a hug before I do!



Here he is with my baby my 21 year old baby, that's another thing that happened while I was away, I still can't believe my firstborn is 21!Doesn't seem that long ago that she looked like this


This is a piccie of my daughter and me at my sister's wedding in the early 1990's!Where did the time go!

It was a bit of a testing time making sure my son revised enough for his GCSE's. And then there was his Prom!
Looking very smart and oh so grown up in his Tux!
Arriving at the Prom with friends in a Vintage Triumph Stag.

We've also had lots of other family birthdays and gatherings in the last few months and the inlaws have just been over for a visit fron Spain too!


Anyway I must tell you about 2 gorgeous swaps that I took part in as this is loooong overdue! Although I've thanked both my swap partners by email I havent blogged about it and I feel really bad about it, so big apologies to bekimarie and Clare, you must be so fed up of waiting for me!!

Let me tell you about the swap with Bekimarie first.We took part in the swap organized by the lovely Emma The Good enough to eat swap, such a good idea for a swap!


I loved all of my swap gifts! aren't they gorgeous!


Such a cute little apple hook which will be going on the wall in my craft room.
The handmade goodies are adorable too, I do love hand made things.


Such a sweet strawberry pincushion




Look at the cupcake too! I love it!







Can't wait to try the cake recipe, it looks delicious!



Thank you again Beki Marie for your very thoughtful swap!



The second swap was the Strawberry swap organized by the lovely Pixiedust and my partner was Clare


I oohhed and aahhed for ages with this one!

Beautiful things!I shall hang the felt strawberry in my craft room.Such a cute pill box!



And a pretty necklace!I love the handmade address book, made so carefully too!


Thank you again to Clare, I really do love all my strawberry themed gifts!


Now I must go and do a little dog training with Wilson, he knows sit and fetch, having a little trouble with play biting though so any doggy tips will be gratefully received!


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Love Rachel x

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel!
Your little Wilson is s0 adorable!!! We took out Maggie to her first training classes and I was told to yell"OUCH!" as loud as I can each time she play bites and guess what?? She stopped....(!)
have a wonderful time with your puppy~
♥E

Jacquie said...

Hi Rachel, so glad you are back! I was begining to wonder what had happened.I can see you have been super busy,Wilson is so cute and it's great to see your family pics.Your daughter is beautiful and your son looks so smart in his tux,proud Mum !
Hope you get some time to relax now.
Jacquie x

bellaboo said...

Oooh,Wilson is sooo adorable! My hubby was the same when I wanted to get another dog after we lost our first retriever,but I managed to talk him round.I couldn't imagine life without a dog.Yes I remember the play biting well.Those teeth are like needles!
Have you got Victoria Stillwell's book 'It's me or the dog'?. I found it very helpful when Bella was small.

Bellaboo :0)

Beki said...

My eldest has not long turned 21 too, scary isn't it?
I've fallen in love with you new family member, my OH is dead set against us getting a dog so would be great to read about updates on Wilson :)
So pleased you were happy with your swap.

B xxx

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

Wilson is just so cute .... lucky you. Some fantastic swap goodies too. Where does time go to once they leave school .... one minute they are grotty teenagers and the next all grown up! My sister's FIL has the very same Triumph Stag sitting in his garage ... lovely piece of machinery. Dog training tip for Wilson - put some small pebbles in an empty plastic bottle and everytime he does something you disapprove of give it a rattle and say no ... it is amazing how quickly they get the idea x

Tracy Glover said...

Wow, what a cute little doggie.
My daughter is only one and a half, bt I imagine the time flies! x

Heidi said...

Rachel you have been a busy bee...what an adorable new family member. I think he is the cutest dog I have ever seen.
Not to mention beautiful children and lovely gifts.
Missed ya!

Thedarkerside73 said...

Awww what a super cute pup! Love his name too. Hope you have lots of fun training him.

Lucky you with all your swap goodies too. They all look wonderful.

I am off now to convince hubby we need a puppy in our lives. Dont think he will buy it though! lol.

MBB x

jo said...

What a little cutie your dogs is.

Jo xx

. said...

How lovely, but why Wilson...isn't that the name of Tom Hank's castaway coconut? Or perhaps he's named after the cute and cuddly Harold? x

Amanda said...

Oh he is adorable - no wonder you haven't found time to blog with such a cutie to take up your time :)

Look at your babies all grown up, going off to proms and such!

And what lovely goodies you got in your swap xx

Michela said...

Hi Rachel! What a cute little chap! And your daughter is so beautiful!
xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails