Saturday, 3 January 2009

Snippets

As the light is so bright today I have taken a few photos.I had Sew Fabulous Fabric for Chistmas from hubby and I love it, can't wait to start some of the projects!







I was in the Works in Oxford yesterday and came across the book on the left, I was so pleased!You see I have borrowed this book from the library on 3 occasions and I've paid about a fiver in fines for having it so long!I'm so excited to have my own copy as I'm halfway through a project in the book.Anyway it was only £2.99, what a bargain!


I don't think I've shown you my lovely fabric from the boot which I have made a runner from.My friend found it for me for a £1, she knows my style so well
My family think I'm mad as I place it on the dining room table, but I won't let them put stuff on it, well not stuff like sauce bottles or cups that leave coffee stains!

11 comments:

Rosesposes said...

Hi love your chandelier below. Dunelm mill is great I bought my oil cloth there for a fraction of the price of cath kidston (in the polka dot). Its a great shop I get quite excited when visiting there!. Love your makes too. xxDom

The White Bench said...

Hello! Than you for visiting!
Your runner is just fab!
Monica.

Vintage Amethyst said...

*Happy New Year*
What a bargain that book was, fab buy!
love
Alison
x

Hen said...

Hi,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. First off, I love your header with the roses, scrumptious! Yes, yes, learn to crochet, it seems everyone wants to learn and I don't blame them! There is an old lady in my class who knits and she says she also finds crochet a bit weird, she is so used to having two things (ie. needles) in her hands. I'm sure you'll manage it no problem - and then there'll be loads more books you want to buy!!
Hen x

Hollypop's said...

HI, love your runner it's very pretty and the book well what a bargain. That's one thing I miss being able to pop into a bookshop.
Nickyx

The White Bench said...

P.S. I LOVE Oxford! I'll post about it soon.
Monica.

The sewing room said...

hi there my sister brought me embroidered treasures about a week ago its a great book l want the other one soon and l do love your runner happy sewing

The sewing room said...

hi there my sister brought me embroidered treasures about a week ago its a great book l want the other one soon and l do love your runner happy sewing

The sewing room said...

Hi there thanks for stopping by its nice to meet you I have just been looking at your shop you are ery clever and very busy, well as Arnie would say I will be back
by for now Pat

The White Bench said...

Hi again, Rachel!
My re-done chairs are a real labour of love! I'll show all the passages involved in one of my posts. It took me about 2 months each to have them redone (from removing all that's old, to painting them and re-upholstering). The last one is bigger, so thousands of nails to be removed- only for that, about 3 months- it is VERY TIRING a work (and I have other to do, too!)!!
Hope to be able to work a bit on it during next months.
Have a great week,
Monica.

Tracy x said...

ohhh - lovely to have you back x
Happy New Year :)
t x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails