Monday 25 May 2009

sunny weather


As the weather has been so beautiful, on Sunday afternoon we decided to go for a bike ride.My hubby and son wanted to cycle to Oxford. I did not.Oxford is 14 miles away, that's a 28 mile round trip! I knew my bottom and legs would not make it!I thought it would be nice to cycle to this little spot,it's the river Windrush and it's about 5 minutes ride away from our house, we went the long way which took 25 mins.
It's so quiet and beautiful in this little spot.You can just hear the water babbling under the bridge .
This is the old converted mill next to the river
This was a very puzzling scene that we passed on the way to the river.A group of horses all facing one horse who had a foal lying next to her on the ground (out of shot)The foal wasn't moving, I was worried it had died but hubby reckons it was just asleep, what do you think ?



Back home and it's time for a spot of gardening.It's a jungle out there!

See what I mean!

In other news I've added some pretty vintage brooches to thehttp://rubyredtinyshop.blogspot.com/

Hope you've all had a lovely Bank holiday weekend!

Rachel x

6 comments:

Carol said...

I love Oxford. I miss not going there now the cottage has gone.
What a lovely place to cycle, I do love the water.
You should show a bit more more of the garden, please.

Sam said...

Thankyou thankyou for the lovely give a way gifts that you sent me - I love it all!!

I rushed in and out last night so I will take some pix tonight

Love and best wishes
Samxxx

Country Cottage Chic said...

Lovely photos!

Maybe the horse had just given birth & the others were protecting them?

Joshy and belle said...

Oh I hope it was asleep!! looks a really pretty spot, xx

Anonymous said...

looks like a beautiful place lucky you to live so near

Blueberry Heart said...

Hiya! Just to let you know I've (eventually!!!) popped your Rose swap parcel in the post on Friday PM - hope you receive it OK!
Have a fab weekend
BH x
(PS HUGE apologies for the delay!!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails