Friday 23 May 2008

Blenheim and Burford

Hi all,
hope you're all enjoying this gorgeous sunny weather.We took a trip to Blenheim 2 weekends ago and had a lovely day.Just me and my 2 best boys!We have put off this visit for years as we kept thinking when we have family to stay they'll want to do Blenheim but it just never happened.We live quite locally so it's only 15 minutes away.
Hubby and son were chuffed to bits as it was also the Ferrari spring picnic!








We had a picnic lunch overlooking the lake.We had a tour of the untold story and also the palace, it's absolutely beautiful!The china collection alone is fantastic,cabinets full of Meisson.Believe it or not Winston Churchill was a very good looking young man!









The pleasure grounds are lovely too!

This is the Maze.
The butterfly house was lovely, lots of varietiesWe finished the day with some refreshing ice creams and a long walk up to the monument.





This weekend I will be having a stall at the Warwick hall in Burford Saturday, Sunday and Monday.I'm really looking forward to it as I'll be selling lots of Vintage jewellery amongst my handcrafted items.There will be lots of lovely stalls there, so if you can make it it would be lovely to see you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Blenheim, LBH and I visited last Easter. It is so fascinating seeing the gardens and the room that Churchill was born in.
We had a great time and it looks like you did too!

Cherry xoxoxo

Carol said...

I love Blenheim too and Burford for a nice wander around the shops and lunch.
I will have to go and see Blenheim again soon - must get more use out of my NT membership!
Carol x

Faye 'Country Chic' said...

Hi,
That sounds like a fantastic trip out, lovely pictures too, I love going round period properties, its feels like you are escaping in to another world.
xFaye

Anonymous said...

Blenheim looks gorgeous.. I've never been. Its so lovely to have a day visiting places of history like this isn't it. I love days like that.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails